Saturday, December 18, 2010

Deepika Padukone's Tomato rasam

Tomato rasam
My favourite dish: "I can't resist South Indian cuisine, particularly what is prepared at home. My mom is my favourite cook. She can cook a variety of cuisines. I savour her cooking at home and she's undoubtedly the best."

I like to eat at: "I love to eat at CTR in Bangalore; I like their butter masala dosa, meddu vada and Mangalore bhajji."

My favoured cuisine: "Thai and South Indian."

My non-food passions: "My latest passion is skydiving. I was in Mauritius, shooting for Break Ke Baad, and I went for skydiving. It was a life-changing experience. Travelling, dancing and reading are my other pastimes."

Best meal i've ever had: "All the meals I have with my family, I love to sit with my dad Prakash Padukone and enjoy my meal."

My favourite recipe:
"Tomato rasam."

Ingredients: Vegetable oil: 30ml; Mustard seeds: 1 tsp I Curry leaves: 25; Chopped tomato: 500gm; Green chillis: 2 I Red chillis (whole): 2; Imliwater: 60 ml; Salt: to taste DRY POWDER; Jeera: 25gm; Black pepper: 20 gm; Garlic: 25gm; Drinking water: 1 litre; Lemon wedges: 1; Jaggery: 5gm.

Method: Mix jeera, black pepper and dry garlic together and make fine powder in a blender. Heat oil, add mustard seeds, red chilli (whole) and curry leaves and saute till mustard seeds crackle. Add chopped tomato and saute till tomatoes are soft. Then add sliced green chillis and add water. Boil for five minutes. Then add imliwater, salt, dry powder and jaggery. Boil for two more minutes. Finish with lemon juice. Strain and serve with papadum.

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....