Thursday, November 4, 2010

This Diwali, it’s all about family: Deepika Padukone

Deepika Padukone
Her smile lights up a million lives is what actress Deepika Padukone’s co-stars say. Rightly so, the actor who’s celebrating Diwali with her family has every reason to grin from ear-to-ear.

She has a release lined up and has some great films in her kitty. “I wish the Goddess of Diwali — Laxmi, blesses everyone not just with materialistic wealth but alsopeace of mind, as that too is a big luxury,” she says.

The dimpled beauty has not been able to celebrate Diwali with her family in the last couple of years. “I am in Bengaluru with my folks.I love the festival of Diwali. I’ve been busy ever since the release of Om Shanti Om in 2007. It’s either been shooting or some film promotion. I’m glad that this Diwali I’ll be getting time to spend with my family after so many years,” she chirps.

Though Deepika today is a much sought-after actor in Bollywood, she prefers to keep the festivities low-key.She was not really keen on attending any of the high-profile taash or Diwali parties in B-Town. “This Diwali, it’s all about family, family and more family for me in Bengaluru.We start the day on an auspicious note with a puja and then the entire family gets together for a special dinner,”

Deepika also does not like to miss out onmouthwatering sweets during festivals. “I love eating sweets. I don’t even feel guilty about eating them during Diwali as the occasion demands it.” The leggy lass who’s usually spotted in western outfitsplans to go traditional today. “Cannes or Diwali. I’m always looking for a chance to wear a sari,” says Deepika.

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....