Tuesday, November 9, 2010

No grudges against Ranbir: Deepika

Deepika Padukone
Actress Deepika Padukone has shoved the past under the carpet and is now dating liquor baron Vijay Mallya's son Siddhartha. She has been very vocal about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, lately.

But now there is a brand new film soon to be released. No wonder she is shining like a new penny. We met at Mehboob studios last afternoon, in her vanity van, with the actress looking stunning as ever dressed in a black flowing gown. She opened up about break-up and finding love again. Excerpts from the interview.

You have changed a lot. When we last met two years ago, you were not as confident as you are now.
I always had enough to keep me busy. It is just that my two films after the debut film Om Shanti Om which was a big success Bachchana Ae Haseeno and Chandni Chowk To China failed. So people made their own inferences. But I was adamant that I wanted to make it in Bollywood.

Has finding love again re-energised your life?
Yes, I have opened up a little more. But I don't think that anybody else has brought about this change in me. If you don't have inner peace and happiness, you can never be confident. I think I have found myself now.

You are dating Siddhartha Mallya...
I know people are curious to know, but too much has been said about my personal life in the past. Last year, I was working my a** off but people wrote only about my personal life. So, I wouldn't like to answer this question.

Siddhartha lost several kilos to look dapper, matching his steps with yours.
Give Siddhartha the credit. It's his hard work. He is the one who hit the gym, went on a rigorous diet and ran like a hare.

Bollywood heroines are known to flit from one relationship to the other in a blink. Be it Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra or you...
I can't speak for the others, but why do people have a problem if a woman moves on in her personal life? You can't say that I won't fall in love for 10 years after a break up, or say, main roti rahungi. If a man sleeps with ten women on the rebound, nobody raises a finger. It is wrong to give everything a time frame.

Aren't you a possessive lover? It was said that in your previous relationship, you never gave Ranbir any space.
If my man gives me my security, why would I be possessive? Then I wouldn't ask him where he is, what he is doing or even who he is with. If my partner is doing things, which betray my trust, then I will become possessive. You become possessive only when you know there's something going wrong, not just for the heck of it. It's not about the kind of person I am, it's about the person I am with.

Did the break-up hurt you?
Of course. Everybody knows the intensity of that relationship. A break-up is always hurting. But you know what, I could have completely crumbled and ruined myself or used that as an opportunity to become a happier person. I chose not to be shattered. I identified my strengths and came out of it.

Was it difficult or easy to play a commitment phobic girl (Aliya) in Break Ke Baad ? It is said that the character trait is similar to that of your ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor.
I couldn't relate to Aliya not believing in commitment and marriage. I believe as a woman, we can multi-task as well. If I am in a relationship I definitely give time to my relationship without compromising on my career.

Is it easy to remain committed in a relationship these days?
If you can't be faithful, don't be in a relationship. Else you are hurting people in the process (pauses) What goes around, comes around.

It's said that you and Ranbir are ready to work with each other again.
That's true. We don't hold grudges against each other.

And he is now dating Katrina Kaif?
(Smiles) Is it? I don't know.

Buzz is, you find your Break Ke Baad co-actor Imran Khan very sexy.
Yup, I find Imran very sexy. He is a very good-looking guy. What impresses me the most in him is his commitment to Avantika; I admire this quality in a man.

You opted out of Silence and Dream Sequence. Why?
On Anurag Basu's Silence, let me put it this way, one has to connect with an offer and be excited about it. If I don't, then I think it would be very unfair to the makers. However, that doesn't mean that the actors who end up doing it were wrong. As for Vishal Bharadwaj's Dream Sequence, anybody would give an arm and a leg to work with him. It is just that the film got pushed and I couldn't rework my dates.

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....