Sunday, November 21, 2010

Everyone wants to know who I’m going out with, says Deepika Padukone

Deepika Padukone
Actor Deepika Padukone who started out with Shah Rukh Khan in her debut film, has worked with the creme de la cremeof the industry.

Though her last outing with Neil Nitin Mukesh tanked at the box office, she has no regrets.

“I don’t like to think too much about a film after it has released. It sure does hurt when a film doesn’t work, but there’s no point dwelling over it for long.”

In her next film she’ll be seen opposite actor Imran Khan, who she says is quite like her in many ways.

“Imran and I come from a similar school of thought. We are straight-forward and organised — even if my room is in a mess, it is an organised mess. We are reserved, introverted and take time to open up. And like me, he too has a close set of friends he hangs out with. What’s more, his idea of a relationship is quite similar to mine,” she says.

Does she feel the same about actor Sonam Kapoor, with whom she’s reportedly having a cold war? “Just because she (Sonam) happened to be in Ranbir’s friend circle, whom I was seeing then, people expected us to be best friends. Other than that fact we never met, or got a chance to meet and interact, but that doesn’t mean there is a problem with us,” she asserts.

So, what was it like when they did meet on a recent chat show? “People who saw the show have been saying that we got along like a house on fire. Everybody thought we were like best friends as we would end up completing each other’s lines. I can call her a friend, but she’s definitely not as close as my childhood friends.”

Would the leggy lass say the same about Katrina Kaif too? “Katrina, honestly I don’t know her at all. I have never had any reason to interact with her, and neither ever shared a stage with her. I have never had any formal interaction with her for me to either like her or dislike her.”

Friendships aside, she refuses to say anything about a certain ‘Mr Mallya’ (junior) in her life.

“People can continue speculating because by setting the record straight either way, the speculation is always going to be there. Everyone wants to know who I am going out with, where I was spotted for a movie or a dinner and these things are just bound to happen. I am perfectly okay with people speculating,” she trails off.

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....