Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm not a sore loser: Deepika

Deepika Padukone
Though Deepika Padukone is very competitive when it comes to outdoor sports, she says she is not a sore loser

While it is a known fact that Deepika Padukone is an expert badminton player, it tends to overshadow her love for other sports. The young star has proven her competitive side with her rise in Bollywood, and the same principle applies to sports.

"I try to play some sport or another," she says, "I love tennis, swimming, basketball as well. I'm very, very competitive in life in general. But I'm not a sore loser."

Apart from being a good sport about it, sports are a natural way for her to keep fit. While most people give in to the drudgery of gym, the star's toned body hasn't been subjected to the routine of repetitive sets. She says, "Going to the gym and walking on a treadmill is boring. I do yoga, go swimming or play badminton when I can. It keeps me interested in my workout." And she has an enviable body to show for it!

Fitness may come first, but for Deepika it is a great way to unwind as well. Whenever she gets time off, sport becomes a stressbuster for the busy actress.

"Recently, I got an unexpected off in Bangalore for Diwali. I just spent the day in the club with my friends and enjoyed it thoroughly. We played badminton, tennis and swam. I may be a bit rusty with badminton, but it's like driving, you can never forget it," she says. She's also very good at the 100-200 metre relay, basketball and throwball.

It has been eight years since she gave up professional badminton, but she plays it when she can. She recently even had an exhibition match with Aamir Khan in Mumbai. Two competitive, talented players pitched against each other on the court? She laughs, "I really enjoyed playing with Aamir." A great example of the sporting spirit, given that she lost the match!

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....