Monday, May 31, 2010

Deepika Padukone: I am quite comfortable with saree

Deepika Padukone in saree
Though she sizzled on screen in her latest release HOUSEFULL, in real life she chose to wear a saree when she represented India at Cannes film festival. While her gamble for wearing a saree for a high profile event like this has indeed paid off, didn't she ever feel that it was a risk after all? There haven't been too many success stories after all in the past when it comes to Indian actresses actually managing to make a splash in international arena.

"My funda was simple. I had decided that if I was representing my country then I had to wear something traditional", she confirms her plans, "For me it was more to go with the flow because that was the correct thing to do."

Even as appreciation was still coming in, her first look from Ashtuosh Gowariker's KHELEIN HUM JEE JAAN SE was out in quick time. Yet again, she managed to catch the attention of one and all as she was seen wearing a cotton saree. No wonder, it seems like wearing a saree is in for Deepika Padukone.

"I am quite comfortable with a saree", reveals Deepika While in an event like Cannes, it was imperative that I took my culture along, the saree look in KHELEIN HUM JEE JAAN SE is but natural since the film is about a revolution against Brits in the pre-independence era."

Well, for a more full-fledged saree outing, watch out for Deepika once KHELEIN HUM JEE JAAN SE releases all over on 3rd December.

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....