Monday, May 17, 2010

Aishwarya Rai v/s. Deepika Padukone: Clash at Cannes

Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone
Opponent 1: Aishwarya Rai

Armour Attire: Gowns (western)

Opponent 2: Deepika Padukone

Armour Attire: Saree (Indian)

Battlefield: Cannes Film Festival, France

Clash at Cannes: Deepika Padukone’s traditional Indian look is creating a strong buzz as against the western outfits of former Miss World Aishwarya Rai. With the media sensationalizing each and every move, the Red Carpet appearances of the two damsels have become more like a war of the two women.

Deepika speaks: Deepika’s decision to drape the 6 yard cloth has come from her childhood desire of spreading Indianness to far-away shores. She says, “When I started modelling, I promised myself that whenever I attend an international event, I’d wear a saree and not western clothes. I get enough opportunities at home to wear western clothes. When I’m seen at an international event I’d rather be fully Indian.”

Deepika spits venom at Aishwarya Rai: In a very shrewd and subtle manner, the leggy lass spat venom at Aishwarya as she shrugged off any question on her by stating, “I wouldn’t like to comment on others.” She added with intentional sarcasm, “It felt good to be so Indian so far away from home.”

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....