Thursday, May 6, 2010

Deepika Padukone not dating Ranbir Kapoor or Sidhartha Mallya

Deepika Padukone says she is not dating Ranbir Kapoor or Sidhartha Mallya, but hints she could be dating someone else.

Deepika, reportedly saw her recently released film Houseful with ex Ranbir Kapoor at a theater in Mumbai on Friday, April 30. The sighting led to speculation that the couple, who had split in October 2009, had since reunited. The speculation wasn't entirely unwarranted because in December Ranbir reportedly told the press that he hoped to get back with Deepika.

In an interview with TOI, Deepika refutes the speculation saying, "If I go out with somebody for dinner or a movie, that doesn't mean I'm dating somebody."

The way we understand, when a single girl goes out for dinner or a movie with single boy, it is called a date.

Addressing reports linking her with Sidhartha Mallya, the 23-year-old son of Vijay Mallya who is now owner of the RCB IPL team, for which she is the brand ambassador, Deepkia said: "Likewise, if I am sitting with the owner of my team, and we hug because our team has won, that does not mean we are dating - we are celebrating the victory of our team. But then people want to jump to conclusions."

Which of course doesn't explain why Sidhartha follows her on Twitter?

Sidhartha was recently appointed Deputy General Manager (New Generation Sales Outlets) of United Spirits Ltd. We wonder if following Deepika on Twitter is part of the charter of his duties?

Which is not to suggest one cannot have a life. One can. It just doesn't make sense denying it.

Asked whether she was still single, Deepika ducked the question.

We think we understand. After her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor unraveled, Deepika said that the next time around she wouldn't acknowledge a new relationship till it had run its course for some time.
Elsewhere in the interview, Deepika refutes reports that she is always guarded and politically correct.
Deepika says she is restrained by nature. She thinks before she talks. That is the way she is. It is not because she wants to be politically correct.

Talking about the rampant trend to work long hours, Deepika says she likes her job but also wants a life. She will never work 24/7.

"I think. In the last few years, everybody's life has become so much about work that people are losing out on relationships, quality family time. I think our society and its culture is changing, and, at least as far as I am concerned, I don't think it's a good thing. I think it's nice to have a good balance. "

On her advent into Bollywood, she says she always knew she would be a model and then end up in Bollywood.

"I always knew that I'd always be part of this industry. I knew that - it has to do with what you attract to yourself and to a degree it has to do with destiny also - I somewhere always knew that I would be part of the glamour world; I knew that I'd become a model, and from there I would go on to become a part of Indian cinema - so it's something I always looked forward to."

Deepika is passionate about her work and couldn't be without it. But she is not in it for money and will always work at her own terms.

"I cannot work like a machine, and say I'll work in six films a year, and for each film I'll charge so much, so that by the end of the year I'd have made X amount of money - that's definitely not it. I am not a part of the industry as a business. I do it because I love it, am passionate about it, I love being in front of the camera. I don't need to work; I don't need to support a family, it's not a business. "

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....