Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Kind of Holiday: Picture perfect - Deepika Padukone

Deepika Padukone
 For me, holidays have been a time to enjoy. When it comes to my favourite holiday destination, I would love to visit Leh in Ladakh. It's quite ironical because just as my dream was about to turn true the cloudburst played spoiler and I had to cancel my trip. I have seen it in the movies, seen lots of pictures and heard people describing it but now I want to see it for myself. There's also a place close to my heart that I would love to revisit and that is Kerala.

But if you ask me for the one favourite holiday destination I have, I have to swear by the South of France. I have already been there twice. The first was on a holiday and the second time I went there was for work; the Cannes film festival. South of France is what I would call the perfect blend of the sun, sand and the sea. It's a quiet little strip with quaint cottages dotting the entire stretch of the coastline.

A picturesque drive you will have the hills giving you company on one side and the calm water on the other. It's a beautiful sight where you get to see Nature dressed in her best. Down the drive is a mix of Italian and French restaurants. There are so many things I don't want to forget about this place. I hold many happy memories and this dates back to 2002 when I had just finished my Std X exams. I went there for a holiday with my best friends. We had planned a road trip around Europe and that was the first time I saw Nice, Cannes, Monaco and Monte Carlo. It was a strange connection; I knew I would keep coming back.

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....