Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Have Sonam and Deepika really turned friends?


Saawariya girl Sonam Kapoor is in no mood to compare herself to Deepika Padukone.In an recent interview she said, “I am not an underdog at all. I am Anil Kapoor’s daughter. I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.”
She has been compared to another new star Deepika Padukone as both of them have made their debuts around the same time. She admits that she was ‘quite upset’ when Deepika walked away with awards for best female debutante last year. “Awards are important and it was important for me to win one for Saawariya. I was quite upset that I didn’t get the award,” she says.

However, she makes the distinction between their working styles and maintains that she finds comparisons between the two unfair. “Deepika is mostly doing commercial roles while I’m not. I wouldn’t sign a film for an ornamental role or just to look pretty. Ek achhi film ban ne mein ek saal to lagta hi hai. That’s why I am being seen lesser than her,” she says.

Recently Ranbir tried to break ice between the two but it seems that the professional rivalry is till on!

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....