Monday, January 12, 2009

Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone speaks exclusively to TIMES NOW

If one goes by what she said, then definitely she is the female Akshay Kumar of Bollywood. Actress Deepika Padukone will be seen in an action film 'Chandni Chowk to China', and the action girl is all excited about her first action flik. Speaking exclusively to TIMES NOW's Natasha Israni, Deepika said that she did a lot of training to pull off the role.

Natasha: You do a lot of martial arts in the film. How difficult of easy was that?

Deepika: I would say a little bit of both. The fact that I have been an athlete earlier all my life, made my training process a lot more easier. I still think that the training process was very difficult because I remember, whenever I finished my trainers had to pick me up literally and put me back inside my car as I was in so much pain. But I think it has all paid off.

Natasha: And the Great Wall of China, no Indian film has ever been shot over there. What was that experience like?

Deepika: When people ask me what my most memorable experience would be, I think that would be the most memorable experience because one would always imagine going there as a tourist, but you never imagine that you would end up getting permission to shoot there. I think that is definitely one of the most difficult schedules we had.

Natasha: What was shooting with Akshay Kumar like?

Deepika: I give him a lot of credit for making me feel so comfortable on set.

Natasha: Are you planning to do more international films after this exposure from Chandni Chowk to China?

Deepika: Sure. I think at the end of the day we are all actors and yes I am an Indian and I am looking forward to do more Indian cinema. But if something else comes up I will definitely be interested.

(Interviewed by Natasha Israni)

No comments:

Project K’s Producer REACTS To Reports Of Deepika Padukone Rushed To Hospital Due To Increased Heart Rate: ‘These Are False Rumours’

Several reports were doing rounds that Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone was taken to Kamineni Hospital in Hyderabad after she felt unwell....